The loveofreading.org website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation (“LoR”), a registered charity that was established by Indigo Books & Music Inc. in 2004 to address the underfunding of Canadian public elementary schools and the resulting literary crisis.
LoR wants to ensure the website is a friendly and safe environment for school kids, their families and friends and visitors at large who care about literacy in Canada. Some of our programs occasionally encourage individuals and schools to register and/or submit and post content on the Site. The Site is monitored, but not constantly, for inappropriate comments and usernames, as well as to respond to any questions or requests that may come through the website.
While the website is monitored, you may still encounter content which may be offensive or objectionable to you. If you think content, including a comment posted on any discussion board, is objectionable or offensive, please let us know by following the instructions under USER MISCONDUCT below.
SITE USER CONDUCT
You shall not upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise publish through this site any content that:
- may be harmful, threatening, defamatory, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, bullying, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable and that, in the sole judgment of LoR, is objectionable, or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose LoR, Indigo or its users to any harm or liability of any type;
- contains your or anyone else’s personal or private information, including, without limitation, full names, full addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social insurance numbers and credit card numbers. Even if it is about your friend, you cannot post it;
- infringes any intellectual property right or any other rights of any entity or person, including but not limited to or copyrights or trademarks;
- violates any law;
- advocates illegal activity;
- advertises or otherwise solicits for goods or services beyond the two fundraising initiatives described on this website;
- contains a virus or other harmful component; and
- is not consistent with LoR’s brand image, as solely determined by LoR.
If you become a registered user of the Site, you agree to the following:
- you represent that you are eighteen years of age (18) or older
- you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form(s) on the Site (the “Registration Data”) and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, LoR has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site (or any portion thereof).
- you will maintain the confidentiality of the password and account designation that you will receive upon completing the Site registration process. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to (i) immediately notify LoR of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and (ii) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
- LoR or Indigo may send email communications related to your registration, your activity on the Site or with the grant program, and information about LoR’s other activities and fundraising efforts.
USER MISCONDUCT – INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, ETC
As set out above, LoR prohibits the posting of any information or materials that violates our USER CONDUCT policy above. It is our policy to investigate and respond to claims of misconduct including intellectual property infringement. Upon receipt of any notice alleging misconduct or infringement, LoR will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any material claimed to be inappropriate or claimed to be the subject of infringing activity and will act expeditiously to remove or disable access to any reference or link to such material.
Any notices should be directed to:
Privacy Office, Indigo Love of Reading Foundation
468 King Street West, Suite 500
Toronto, OntarioM5V 1L8
Please put “User Misconduct” in the subject line of all such notifications and include in each such notice a reasonable description of the materials alleged to be infringing and the proprietary rights alleged to be infringed. You can also flag a comment as inappropriate. Doing so will expedite review by an administrator, who may choose to do nothing, edit, or remove the comment entirely.
USE OF MATERIALS
Unless otherwise indicated, all content appearing on this site is the property of LoR, their respective parent(s), subsidiaries or affiliates and is protected, without limitation, by Canadian and foreign copyright and trademark laws. The information and materials, including text, images, audio, video, computer code and software, appearing on this site are presented for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright and trademark laws. You may not reproduce, duplicate, distribute or modify in any way any materials available on this website without written permission from LoR. Misuse of these names or of any of the information appearing on this site may violate copyright and trademark law. If you access this material outside Canada you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
LoR: (1) WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND MAKE NO CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS APPEARING ON THE SITE, WHICH IS PROVIDED “AS IS;” (2) DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (3) DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS WILL BE ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LoR AND AFFILIATES BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND EXPENSES WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR FOR ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SITE MAINTENANCE AND INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE
The Site is subject to scheduled and unscheduled service interruptions. LoR reserves the right to interrupt the service with or without prior notice for any reason or no reason. You agree that LoR will not be liable to you for any interruption of the Site, delay or failure to perform.
LICENSE FOR SUBMITTED CONTENT
You agree that by posting content, sending emails, inputting data, answering questions, uploading data or files or otherwise communicating with LoR, you are granting to LoR a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, unrestricted license to use, display, adapt, modify and reproduce these materials as LoR sees fit and you shall have no claims against LoR for using these materials. You represent and warrant that you have all the necessary rights in and to any material you submit and the material does not infringe or violate the rights of any third-party. Note, however, that LoR and Indigo will not use any images submitted by a school as part of the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation Literacy Fund grant application without first ensuring that consent has been obtained from any person featured in such images.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Except as expressly provided, you are not granted any Rights in or to the Content available on the Site. All such Rights remain with LoR (including its representatives and suppliers) and the copyright owners. INDIGO, LOVE OF READING, INDIGO LOVE OF READING FUND and INDIGO LOVE OF READING FOUNDATION are registered trademarks of Indigo Books & Music Inc. All other marks that appear throughout this website belong to Indigo Books & Music Inc. or the respective owners of such marks, and are protected by law. Any use of any of these marks without the express written consent of Indigo or the owner of the mark, as appropriate, is strictly prohibited.
TERM AND TERMINATION
This Agreement shall continue in effect for as long as you use the Site, unless specifically terminated earlier by Indigo. All provisions of this Agreement that impose obligations continuing in their nature shall survive termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Any notice or other significant communication given to you pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing, addressed to any email address or address that you provided to Indigo when registering and sent to you by email or by nationally recognized overnight courier as applicable. Any notice or other significant communication given to Indigo pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and sent to Indigo. Notices shall be deemed to have been received as follows:
Delivered Deemed to Have Been Received
Fax On the business day following a confirmed transmission
Nationally recognized overnight courier on the business day following deposit with the courier