The objective of the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation Literacy Fund Grant (the “Grant Program”) is to promote and support literacy initiatives at Canadian high-needs elementary schools through funding the purchase of books and educational resources.
All successful grant recipients will receive funding over a three year period in the following way:
- 90% of the funding is set up as a corporate account to buy books from Indigo Books & Music Inc. at a 30% discount.
- 10% of the funding is in cash to fund special literacy events or initiatives to stir the imagination of the students in a way that will help inspire a love of reading.
Before you start your grant application, please read the submission guidelines:
- This grant is only for publicly funded elementary schools.
- This grant supports schools that serve students in junior kindergarten through grade eight. If your school doesn’t have students in any of those grades, your school will not be eligible for a grant. If your school serves ineligible grades (e.g. grades 9 through 12) in addition to eligible grades, the amount of any grant will be determined based on the number of students ineligible Grades.
- The grant CANNOT be used to pay for salaries, capital investments (playgrounds, building additional rooms, etc.) or textbooks.
- If you have any concerns, please reach out to us at LORliteracyfund@indigo.ca.
- All applications are due by Friday, February 14, 2020, at 11:59 PM (EST).