Deadline for Submissions: Friday, February 14, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST.
- To view the complete list of the Literacy Fund grant application questions, please download the application worksheet. Please note: This worksheet cannot be uploaded to the online portal, nor emailed to us as an official application. All responses must be entered directly into the online application form.
- For tips and suggestions as to how to fill out each section of the application, see our Overview and Tips
- Questions or concerns? See our FAQ guide or email the Foundation at LORLiteracyFund@indigo.ca
The objective of the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation Literacy Fund Grant is to promote and support literacy initiatives at Canadian high-needs elementary schools through funding the purchase of books and educational resources.
All successful grant recipients will receive funding over a three year period in the following way:
- 90% of the funding is set up as a corporate account to buy books from Indigo Books & Music Inc.
- 10% of the funding is a cheque to fund special literacy events or initiatives to stir the imagination of the students in a way that will help inspire a love of reading.
Before you start your grant application, read these submission guidelines:
- This grant is only for publicly-funded elementary schools.
- This grant supports schools that serve students in Grades Junior Kindergarten through Grade Eight. If you school doesn’t have students in any of those Grades, your school will not be eligible for a grant. If your school serves ineligible Grades (e.g. Grades 9 through 12) in additional to eligible Grades, the amount of any grant will be determined based on the number of students in eligible Grades.
- The grant CANNOT be used to pay for salaries, capital investments (playgrounds, building additional rooms, etc.) or textbooks.
- All applications must be received by Friday, February 14, 2020 at 11:59PM EST.